In line with its commitment to promote and encourage high standards in the art and craft of glass painting and to act as a locus for the exchange of information and ideas in stained glass, the British Society of Master Glass Painters offers a varied programme of events reflecting the diverse interests of the membership. These include:
• A programme of seasonal lectures by eminent practitioners and historians of stained glass and architectural glass
• A summer programme of regional walks and talks
• An annual conference weekend
• Occasional special conferences and other events
• A biennial New Year dinner
In addition to information on the current programme, details of past events are listed under each section giving an impressive summary of the BSMGP’s activities over recent years. These include the 2004 exhibition ‘30cm2’, the 2008 exhibition ‘40cm2’, the 2005 international conference 'Glass Painting 1800-1900' and the 2008 international conference ‘Aspects of 20th Century Stained Glass’.