Click to view enlarged version of image
Susan Bradbury Fellow
The artist's main aim is to create works of art using the vibrance and sparkle of hand-made glass to enhance the specific architectural situations, whether this be a school, a church, a restaurant or office block. A brief paragraph cannot describe the effects achieved, but photographs or slides can be supplied on request. Traditional materials and techniques are used and clients include Norwich Union Insurance, the RAF, the Church of Scotland, the Leeds Building Society and Marks and Spencer.
Glencairn Studio – 31 Fenwick Road, Kilmaurs – Kilmarnock – Ayrshire – KA3 2TE
- "Penny Bazaar" image shows a detail of a 42sqm canopy created over the entrance of a new Marks and Spencer store in Newcastle City Centre.
- 1993: "Wings". Sanctuary window in the new St Aidan's church, RAF Lossiemouth, Moray. Based on Psalm 36, v7.
- 1993: Leeds Building Society, new HQ in Leeds. 14 stained glass ceilings for the Boardroom, Executive Suite and Dining Room.
- "Summer Rain". A semi-circular window of 18sqm which floods the new atrium of Cockermouth School (Cumbria) with multi-coloured light.
- "Fire and Life". Two sides of a lift tower at Norwich Union Offices, Norwich, filled with vast expanse (150sqm) of glass representing sparks, flames, waves and splashes, with richly decorative acid etching.