Click to view enlarged version of image
Gareth Morgan Associate
After an academic career (BA 1st Class Hons in French; MPhil for research on Jean Cocteau), I studied stained glass at Swansea 1985-88 where I graduated with distinction. My windows are in private houses, churches and public buildings. I have combined glass with stainless steel/brass in some autonomous works. That my windows respect the architectural setting is of paramount importance: at the same time they must make a contemporary statement. As well as traditional techniques, I use acid-etching, sandblasting and laminations, exploring various textures. My Christian faith and love for literature are rich sources of inspiration.
37 Heol Santes Ann – Cwmffrwd – Caerfyrddin – Carmarthen – SA31 2NA
- 2000 : three windows on the themes of Faith, Hope and Love: Christchurch, The Quinton, Birmingham
- 1997 : two internal windows on the theme of St Martin for St Martin's in the Delph, Stonydelph, Tamworth, Staffordshire
- 1996 : Window on the theme of Psalm 148: Holy Trinity church, Christchurch, Newport, Monmouthshire
- 1996 : 'The Black Book of Carmarthen' window, Trinity College, Carmarthen. This window attempts to convey the energy and richness of a 13c Welsh manuscript of great literary value.
- 1991 : John and Peter Lewis memorial window, St John's church, Pontyberem, Carmarthenshire 1991, inspired by Psalm 42 vv 7-8 "Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy water spouts; all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me."