Click to view enlarged version of image
Michael Stokes Associate
Prior to becoming a professional stained glass designer/maker, I studied Art and Design and obtained a BTEC in Graphic Design, followed by a degree in Fine Art at the University of Central Lancashire. Projects for new stained glass window commissions are fully discussed with clients prior to commencing the design work. Close collaboration is considered essential during all stages of the project. Clients are welcome to view work in progress at the studio. On-site meetings are also important. My approach is adaptable for designing in a modern abstract, figurative, contemporary or traditional style. Each new design is individually created, based on detailed subject research having assessed issues such as colour scheme, architectural setting, light availability, inscriptions etc. Colour portfolios are available for viewing at the studios in Edwinstowe.
• 2008: St Margaret's Church, Aspley, Nottingham. The Newell Memorial Window, chancel east.
• 2006: St Augustine's Church, Limbury, Luton, Beds. The St Augustine Window, sanctuary north.
• 2005: St Mary's Church, Clophill, Beds. The Oakley Memorial Window, chancel east.
• 2005: St Mary the Virgin and All Souls Church, Bulwell, Nottingham. The Watkin Memorial Window, north aisle.
• 2004: St Patrick’s RC Church, Forest Town, Notts. Commemorative Window of St Patrick and Our Lady. sanctuary
• 2003: St Owen's Church, Bromham, Beds. The Village Window, chancel south.
• 2003: St Wilfrid's Church, Egginton, Derbyshire. The Remembrance Window, east end of the south aisle.
• 2002: St Owen's Church, Bromham, Beds. The Millennium Window, chancel east end.